- Update (11:30 a.m. Sunday): Here is how two people active with their respective parties summed up the action at the DFL and GOP District 41 conventions Saturday.
John Haluska: "Connie Bernardy defeated Tom Tillberry on the first ballot of todays SD41 DFL convention winning the endorsement for HD41A. Carolyn Laine received by acclamation the endorsement for HD41B. Barb Goodwin was similarly endorsed by acclamation for the Senate race in SD41 after challenger Joe Brothers withdrew shortly before a vote would have been taken."
Donna Schmidt: "The GOP had their convention today at the Eagle's in New Brighton. They ended up endorsing Gina Bauman(New Brighton City Council) to run against Barb Goodwin. Laura Palmer (Columbia Heights School Board) was endorsed by 41B to run against Carolyn Laine. Dale A. Helm was endorsed to run in 41A. The GOP voted to become a Senate District (vs. House District as they had been in the past). Camden Pike (from St. Anthony) is the new chair of SD41."
Update (2:30 p.m. Saturday): Here is how the endorsements went at the DFL Senate District 41 convention today, according to people on Twitter:
- The DFL SD41 convention meeting in Columbia Heights Saturday first endorsed incumbents Barb Goodwin for state senate (over Joe Brothers) and Carolyn Laine for District 41B representative.
- Then came the "main event," as Brian Strub put it in a hashtag:
- Dueling opinions on speeches:
- And the delegates' vote ...
- (If this story is blank after next tweet, click on "Show More")