Live: AUSvSRI, T3 D2 at SCG
Welcome to foxsports.com.au's live blog of day two of the third Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground, as we remember Tony Greig, celebrate Mike Hussey's magnificent career and enjoy the now annual tradition of the SCG being Australia's 'pink' Test in honour of Jane McGrath.
- 1800: STUMPS! An unbroken 35-run stand between Wade and Siddle puts Australia in a healthy position at 6/342, a lead of 48 runs with four wickets in hand. Be sure to return on Saturday at 10.30am (EDT) so we can do it all again.
- 1742: Matthew Wade is doing a nice job keeping the wolves at bay with an unbeaten 39. There's been a few shouts, a couple of sharp chances put down, but he's putting a score up there that should buy him some time. Peter Siddle is double figures - maybe the all-rounder answer.
- 1727: WICKET! Pradeep, who has a bowling average of just over 400, draws the edge from the bat of Johnson but the ball doesn't carry to slip.A couple of balls later the luckless quick slashes his average to about 200 with the wicket of Johnson. The all-rounder is caught behind for 13 and Sri Lanka continue to scrap. Peter Siddle the new man.
- 1725: Claudia says: Terrible luck for Mr Cricket. So sad to see him run out. Clarke is 100 per cent to blame for ruining Hussey's finale!
- 1722: Sri Lanka take the new ball which means we're 10 overs away from close tonight. Wade (34) and Johnson (13) still together, Australia's lead 13.
- 1718: Couldn't have asked for a better day for cricket at the SCG.
- 1713: Australia have edged ahead of Sri Lanka with five wickets in hand. A cautious Johnson is one of those.
- 1706: Take that. The poor little lad at short leg Karunaratne has been smacked by a sweep from Wade. Twice. It looked to me that the second one copped him somewhere between the knee and hip and there's some troublesome areas in that vicinity.
- 1658: Australia have lost four wickets to run outs during the past three Tests against Sri Lanka, including two in Sydney today. They need to iron that out. The good news? They're 5/291 and will have a first-innings lead.
- 1646: It's drinks. I know that because there's a giant bottle on wheels coming onto the ground. Follow the cricket with our match centre and you can be as informed as I.
- 1627: Crunch, Johnson gets a Lakmal bouncer into his crash helmet. That's something else we've got Greigy to thank for.
- 1618: WICKET! Herath picks up Clarke, a rash Clarke. He got to 50 without a worry in the world then went across the line and skied the spinner. Another wicket thrown away and a little opening with the 'all-rounder' Mitchell Johnson at the crease with Wade. Bit of pressure on the No.7 with bowlers to come.
- 1617: What's behind the door? Send through your guess.
- 1613: FIFTY! Clarke starts the new year just like he finished 2012. That's 50 from 73 balls. If he makes 87 then he'll go by Don Bradman on the list of all-time run-scorers.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.