As it happened: AUS v SRI; T3 D4
Welcome to foxsports.com.au's live blog of day four of the third Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground, as we remember Tony Greig, celebrate Mike Hussey's magnificent career and enjoy the now annual tradition of the SCG being Australia's 'pink' Test in honour of Jane McGrath.
- Well folks, that's it for the third Test from Sydney. A solid five-wicket win to Australia.
The Sri Lankans made Australia work hard for the win, a much better performance than in Melbourne.
A great way to end the day, with Michael Hussey in the middle.
Now we look forward to the one-day series and T20s against the Sri Lankans and West Indies.
Thanks for joining us on Fox Sports, it's been a great summer of cricket.
- Australia win Warne-Muraliduran Trophy 3-0
Man of the Match: Jackson Bird (7-117)
Man of the Series: Michael Clarke (316 runs, av 79)
- BREAKING NEWS: Under the Southern Cross I Stand will be lead by Nathan Lyon from now on after the honour was handed over by Michael Hussey.
- 1551: VICTORY. Australia win. Mitchell Johnson hits the winning run and Michael Hussey's career comes to an end.
- Johnson might have hit it but Hussey ran it even if Johnson didn't want to.
He gets a standing ovation as he walks off the SCG.
- AUSTRALIA win by 5 wickets.
Sri Lanka - 294 & 287
Australia - 9-432dec & 5-141
- 1550: Another quick single from Hussey. 1 run
- 1548: Johnson blocks out the last couple of balls and gives Hussey the chance to hit the winning runs.
- 1547: Quick single. 2 runs to get and Johnson on strike.
- 1546: Hussey is straight back into his groove, two runs off the first ball from Dilshan. 3 runs to get.
- 1545: We didn't think it would happen at the start of the day and now Hussey has walked to the crease at the SCG for the second time today. Good luck champion.
- There's more than a few messages out there for the retiring Michael Hussey and Bill Lawry.
Two Australian legends.
- 1527: TEA. That's disappointing. We've got a 20 minute break and then Hussey and Johnson will return with five runs to chase.
- It's been tough going. Sri Lanka's spinners have bowled well but Australia is still 5-136. Hussey is on 23 and Johnson is yet to score.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.