University of Alberta breaks ground for new fitness facility
The new $57-million building will feature a five-storey bank of windows, student lounges, a community kitchen and 2,400 square meters of fitness space. But is the PAW Centre a good name? It looks like a lovely funnel, or pharaoh's hat ... popcorn bowl beside the Butterdome? What do you think?
- — Elise Stolte (@estolte)Mon, Nov 05 2012 13:02:48
- — Elise Stolte (@estolte)Mon, Nov 05 2012 13:05:21
- — Elise Stolte (@estolte)Mon, Nov 05 2012 13:08:38
- Read the full article:
- The official name for the building is the PAW Centre, the Physical Activity and Wellness Centre. But it sits right next to the big yellow Butterdome, and I'll bet it's destined to become a favourite on campus. So why not give it a bit more of a creative name?
- I created the call out, and the names started coming. Kim Ferguson was first with "The Funnel."
- — Elise Stolte (@estolte)Mon, Nov 05 2012 13:43:27
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.