Teacher Appreciation Week 2012
May 7-11 marks Teacher Appreciation Week. People across the nation are taking the time to honor their favorite educators and discuss the state of the teaching profession.
- This week, students, parents, administrators, political officials, and others shared their admiration for teachers. Many have taken to Twitter to express their gratitude, often encouraging others to do the same.
- — Education Week (@educationweek)Mon, May 07 2012 12:45:12In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, we would like to thank all our teacher followers for the work they do. #thankateacher
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, May 08 2012 16:50:39No other profession carries a greater burden for securing our economic future & no other profession deserves more respect. #thankateacher
- — Deval Patrick (@MassGovernor)Tue, May 08 2012 07:05:19My 6th grade teacher helped me to imagine myself as a citizen of the world. Let’s celebrate educators today and every day. #ThankaTeacher
- — Beauty is Her Name (@Greeneyedpeachh)Tue, May 08 2012 08:58:39Happy Teacher Appreciation week to all the overworked and underpaid teachers, who join this profession for the love and obviously not the $!
- — Mark Anderson (@mandercorn)Wed, May 09 2012 13:31:07Thanks to my AP English teacher, Mr. Litchfield. I never got to thank him in person, as he passed from cancer before I could #thankateacher
- — John Dingell (@john_dingell)Wed, May 09 2012 12:39:22I'm grateful to the teachers who educated me and gave me a chance to get where I am today. #thankateacher this Teacher Appreciation Week
- — Yadira Galindo (@Yadira_Galindo)Wed, May 09 2012 12:36:54For helping me to be me & helping me develop social skills, I'd like to #thankateacher -- thank all my teachers from past to present!
- — Loueyville (@loueyville)Tue, May 08 2012 08:58:32Here I was thinking that random parents were emailing me sweet notes for no reason... it's teacher appreciation day! Go appreciate, peeps!
- — Victria (@vickitorious)Tue, May 08 2012 09:06:00HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY to all of you who are involved in our children's daily lives - Teachers, Coaches, Teacher aids, etc. THANK U!
- — Brighton Homes (@BrightonHomesTx)Tue, May 08 2012 09:02:57A Big Thank You to Teachers! "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." — Henry... http://fb.me/1iC8dEZ0T 0T
- — Cameron Brenchley (@chbrenchley)Tue, May 08 2012 04:43:40Happy Teacher Appreciation Day. Teachers deserve nothing less than to be a worldwide trending topic. #thankateacher
- As part of its National Teachers Intiative, StoryCorps has compiled a series of conversations between teachers and the students whose lives they have touched. Listen to one of their stories below and hear the rest here.
- Secretary of Education Arne Duncan shares his appreciation for teachers in a Huffington Post opinion piece. Check out the piece below and read his Open Letter to American Teachers, published by Education Week last year.
- Not all of the tweets about Teacher Appreciation Week were glowing. Some expressed cynicism.
- — Cedar Riener (@criener)Mon, May 07 2012 10:30:20Cynical thought re Teacher day today: "The way Americans show that they don’t appreciate something is to make an appreciation day for it."
- — phil nigronovich (@philvich)Mon, May 07 2012 12:52:44@educationweek in honor of teacher appreciation week, we would all appreciate if they would work more than 180 days a year
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 4 already did!