What you said about Indiana-based TV show "Porter Ridge"
The first episode of Discovery Channel's newest show "Porter Ridge," a spin-off of "Duck Dynasty," received a lot of chatter from Hoosiers. The self-made, locally produced show is not what most people would have expected to serve as a representation of Indiana.
- The premiere of the first episode:
- Viewers had mixed feelings about the ties "Porter Ridge" has to Southern Indiana. In particular, Hoosiers were surprised to see folks they knew. Here's what you all had to say:
- — Molly King (@yesthisismolly)Tue, Aug 13 2013 19:38:28I'm greatly disturbed at the stupidity of the guys on Porter Ridge on Discovery channel. They are also shooting this show in Spencer, IN....
- — Aaron White (@internetAaron)Tue, Aug 13 2013 20:03:29HA! Bloomington is on Porter Ridge titled as “Nearest Town”! Thanks for not naming our town Discovery. Thank you thank you thank you!
- So, was the show good?
- — Brittany Goldman (@brittgold88)Tue, Aug 13 2013 20:09:56Well, Porter Ridge didn't make me embarrassed to be from Owen County. But I'm pretty shocked that so many people found it funny & like it.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.