Scrape your face for SCIENCE
#Scio13 participants respond with ENTHUSIASM to our new #citizenscience project studying the evolution and biodiversity of Demodex face mites. More coming soon on our website http://yourwildlife.org but in the mean time, you can re-live the event in all of its glory below!
- We've actually been thinking about face mites for awhile - Our pal Ed Yong wrote a nice piece a few months back:
- We started practicing our collecting techniques:
- Some people, naturally, can be a little squeamish about the process.
- — Holly Menninger (@DrHolly)Wed, Jan 30 2013 14:20:04
- — Holly Menninger (@DrHolly)Wed, Jan 30 2013 14:24:07
- And the crowds came:
- At first, a handful of enthusiastic entomologists....
- — Dragonfly woman (@DragonflyWoman2)Wed, Jan 30 2013 19:49:55
- 2+ hours later, we had lines out the door - 48 people volunteered their pores (and the mites within) for science!
- — Mary Beckman (@sciwriter)Wed, Jan 30 2013 16:48:26
- — Caitlin S (@paleophile)Wed, Jan 30 2013 16:52:33
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.