Does Canada’s Food Guide Promote Weight Gain?
A uOttawa CON-SNP / HKGSA Debate between Dr. Yoni Freedhoff and Dr. Hasan Hutchinson Wednesday, January 29, 2014.
- By Zach Ferraro, PhD CEPEvery year the Canadian Obesity Network Students and New Professionals (CON-SNP) group at the University of Ottawa organizes and hosts a knowledge translation event open to the public.Our goals are simple -1. to raise awareness about current public health issues that affect Canadian's of all ages2. provide an open, unbiased, balanced and safe public forum for discussionThis year we were pleased to welcome Dr. Hasan Hutchinson the Director General of the Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion from Health Canada and Dr. Yoni Freedhoff the Medical Director of the Bariatric Medical Institute in Ottawa.The topic:
- A special shout out to my friend and colleague Mike Borghese for taking the organizational lead on this event.
- — Mike Borghese (@MikeBorghese)Mon, Jan 27 2014 15:18:39
- Here's a look at some tweets from prominent groups and individuals leading up to this much anticipated event...
- — The Obesity Society (@ObesitySociety)Wed, Jan 29 2014 14:17:59This debate on the health of Canada's food guide tonight should be interesting http://ow.ly/t4iQq
- As always, thanks for your support Alex!
- — Alex Munter (@AlexMunterCHEO)Wed, Jan 29 2014 14:11:31
- Thanks so much for covering our event Lucy!Great pre-debate piece in the Metro.
- — Lucy Scholey (@MetroLucy)Tue, Jan 28 2014 17:16:56Interesting debate at Ottawa U tomorrow: "Does Canada’s Food Guide Promote Weight Gain?" What are your thoughts? #ottnews
- Below is how the story unfolded...
- — CHEO Hospital Ottawa (@CHEOhospital)Thu, Jan 30 2014 00:23:19Preparing to live-tweet tonight's debate" Does Canada's Food Guide Promote Weight Gain?" It's a full house in here. #CFGDebate
- — CHEO Hospital Ottawa (@CHEOhospital)Thu, Jan 30 2014 00:26:22Tonight's scheduled speakers are Dr.Yoni Freedhoff from Bariatric Medical Institute and Dr. Hasan Hutchinson from Health Canada #CFGDebate
- Just under fire code... ;-)
- — UWOFrugalFoodie (@UWOFrugalFoodie)Thu, Jan 30 2014 00:35:51