Why did Mitt Romney lose? Conservatives offer their opinions
Clear eyes, full heart, and a loss.
Mitt Romney was too liberal/moderate
- — Kathryn Jean Lopez (@kathrynlopez)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:20:12if this is where we are, prepare for some tough back to fundamentals years. we had to get back to them anyway.
- — Matthew Naugle (@MattNaugle)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:17:28Clearly, Mitt Romney needed to be more a compromising moderate and not such a rigid right-wing tax-cutting radical extremist.
Mitt Romney was too conservative
- — davidfrum (@davidfrum)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:19:09Now begins work to build modern center-right party to oppose the real President Obama, not the racialist fantasy of empty-chair Obama (2/2)
Mitt Romney was out-of-touch
- — davidfrum (@davidfrum)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:40:51RT @TheFix: 1 in 5 voters said a candidate who cares about them was critical in their decision. Obama won that group 82-17. Empathy matters.
Barack Obama ran a better campaign/was going to win anyway
- — Ross Douthat (@DouthatNYT)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:27:52Thought Obama went too hard on social issues/interest-group pandering, not hard enough on old-fashioned Mediscare. But the balance worked.
- — Erick Erickson (@EWErickson)Tue, Nov 06 2012 20:17:41Conservatives shouldn't feel too bad. They largely knew Romney couldn't win until the President couldn't win the first debate. & then hoped
The media was going to be against whoever the nominee was
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.