Photos: Hurricane Sandy tears through the Caribbean
While people on the East Coast of the United States are preparing for what's being called a potential super storm, at 21 people across the Caribbean have already lost their lives.
- A driver maneuvers his classic American car along a wet road as a wave crashes against the Malecon in Havana, Cuba, Thursday. (AP Photo/Ramon Espinosa)
- A boy puts his feet into oversized rain boots as heavy rains from Hurricane Sandy pour down in Port-au-Prince Thursday. (Reuters/Swoan Parker)
- Jamaicans shelter themselves from the rain of approaching Hurricane Sandy as they walk along Sandy Park Gully in Kingston Thursday. (Reuters/Gilbert Bellamy)
- Waves, brought by Hurricane Sandy, crash on a house in the Caribbean Terrace neighborhood in eastern Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday. (AP Photo/Collin Reid)
A man removes mud from his tap tap with flood water caused by heavy rains from Hurricane Sandy Thursday in La Plaine, Haiti, as residents of the Port-au-Prince neighbor tried to recover from the aftermath of the storm, which claimed three lives. (AP Photo/The Miami Herald, Carl Juste)
- Many sweeps the muddy water from his small business in La Plaine, Haiti, as residents try to recover from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Thursday. (AP Photo/The Miami Herald, Carl Juste)
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.