Gunman Opens Fire at Colorado Movie Theater
Twelve people were killed and about 50 injured at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
- Twelve people were killed and about 50 injured early Friday when shots rang out at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado - just outside Denver.Just before 1 a.m. Friday, police received reports of gunshots at the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center.
- A 24-year-old suspect in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and searched for possible explosives, according to Police Chief Dan Oates. Oates said there was no evidence of a second suspect, but the man in custody had made a statement about possible explosives in his residence.
- Witnesses captured what appears to be raw cellphone video of panicked moviegoers leaving the theater just after the incident.
- Those who were inside the theater took to Twitter to express their shock.
- Adam Williams knew several people who were attending the movie that night. He got word early on that he knew several of those shot and went about trying to track down his friends.
- President Barack Obama spoke to the American people from Fort Worth, Texas. The President, as well as Republican challenger Mitt Romney, suspended his campaign today.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.