Blogging in school: Digital Commonwealth
This Storify shows some of the activities from bloggers who are taking part in Digital Commonwealth training sessions, either as part of the schools programme or in community media and digital storytelling sessions. There's also some inspiration from other online sources: why blog, how & what about
- All of the schools projects throughout Scotland as part of the Digital Commonwealth have been offered training in blogging. The map below shows the schools projects and community media projects happening as part of the Digital Commonwealth.
- All of the Digital Commonwealth project deals with four themes: people, place, culture and exchange. The training produced by the team resources offer suggestions for exploring each of these in activities as well as an overview of blogging skills.
- Creative practice activities are suggested activities to support blogging skills. These can be used by trainers to plan workshops, by teachers for reference and by anyone who is interested in ideas for blogging discussions to adapt and re-use.
- Community practice activities are are suggested activities to support the development of connections with other bloggers. These can be used by trainers to plan our workshops, by teachers for reference and by anyone who is interested in ideas for blogging discussions to adapt and re-use.
- We have also developed additional and optional reflective activities designed for learners, which teachers can use to help develop extra activities for their pupils, or as part of their own learning.
- Blogging Workshops in Progress
- How did the Digital Commonwealth project blogging workshops work in practice?
- Getting organised is really important, thinking about your workshop plan, all the tech you need and any online or offline reference materials which would help.
- All of the team and many of our trainers use Twitter to write about their progress, or ask questions from their followers
- Introducing the project and themes with interactive workshops worked really well
- Learners brainstormed and mind mapped their project ideas to consider how they could use blogging for different Commonwealth themes, working in groups and individually.