DJ Hyphen On Flavor of the Month Rappers and the Major Labels That "Love" Them
With the recent signing of current "buzzworthy" rapper Trinidad James, Seattle's own DJ Hyphen takes to Twitter to intelligently vent about the questionable business decisions and motives of today's music machine.
- He's of course talking about Trinidad James and "All Gold Everything," by the way. News broke on the early afternoon of December 12, 2012 that he had signed with the historic Def Jam Records. Unconfirmed rumors have been floating that numbers were somewhere around the $2 million mark.
- Lee Huffman chimed in with some truth...
- — leehuffman (@leehuffman)Wed, Dec 12 2012 17:09:09@DJHyphen Let’s not forget that while this fuckery is taking place there’s now a market for independent artists that didn’t exist before.
- — leehuffman (@leehuffman)Wed, Dec 12 2012 17:10:12@DJHyphen The whole reason majors are making these moves is because they’re grasping for straws while being surrounded by cats killing them.
- And DJ Hyphen then proceeds to put the pedal to the metal...
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.