A community responds to the murder of Julian Slaven
19-year-old Julian Slaven was killed late Saturday night in his Fairfield home, when two unidentified men entered the house and demanded money. Family, friends and community members respond to the tragedy below.
- Readers were responding to news of the arrest on Hamilton Journal-News' Facebook page this morning:
- The punishment for these should be the same as what they gave to a young man and his family. People do crimes but yet the punishment is never strict enough they continue with this lifestyle until something like this happens .They are a menace to society and will continue to be as long our judicial system allows them to be .Butler County is the worse for allowing repeat offenders off with a fine that rarely gets paid .It is time that people like this pay for what they have done.
- People continue to post on the "R.I.P. Julian Slaven" Facebook group:
- Hey Julian. I know we weren't close, and I'm not claiming to be close now. But the last time we saw each other you literally ran up to me and bear hugged me. I'm gonna miss that. For everyone else... stay strong, support each other and don't let shit get in the way. My thoughts are with all of y'all.
- There were various posts on Twitter and Facebook once people heard the news:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- Dawn Ringeisen MillerJulian wasn't perfect but he had a true & good heart.Yes, he had some trouble withthe law, but he was trying to turn his life around. He was kind & caring...Julian wasn't perfect but he had a true & good heart.Yes, he had some trouble withthe law, but he was trying to turn his life around. He was kind & caring. Spent a majority of is inheritance on his friends.. even bought studio recording equipment so he & his friends could make music. People who don't know him want to bash him & make him out to be a lowlife, but he was anything but that. He was gentle, and kind. And when he was out of line, he always came back to apologize. He was an amazing friend & brother to my children.The press wants to apint a picture of Julian by selecting certain things to present to the public.. Well we will be sure you present the entire story. That boy was loved & he was good. By no means perfect, but who of us as a teenager was? My heart is sickened & broken by this tragedy... and I pray for peace & calmness for these poor children & Julz family.more2012-11-26T23:43:38.954Z