Felicitations from the Floating Fortress of Filth
In which the feminist blog-o-sphere collectively confuses citation and quotation with stalking and hatred.
- Since many of the above have claimed that EG hates women, the following tweets have been screened for gender. And hotness. That last bit was just me.
- Sara is the TED fellow whose entire twitter timeline was combed through thoroughly and extensively quoted by one of the well known Freethought Bloggers a little while back. Apparently, that sort of heavily tweet-based reportage isn't creepy stalking when they do it.
Incidentally, if you don't know about Mabus, read this helpful summary and this one. Please take note of the quantity of violent threats issued. Now, I've received death threats online, and I've also been storified quite a few times. Guess which one of these experiences is vastly more disturbing?
- AmbrosiaX is a co-author at elevatorgate.wordpress.com/ and a generally glorious gal. She also looks great in hats.
- Katie blogs at http://westcoastatheist.wordpress.com/ … and kicks ass on a daily basis.
- I have it on good authority that Deirdre is actually a strong and independent woman, not a creepy cartoon cat.
- Included for the sake of balance. Also, Hayley rocks at skepticism, but please don't tell her I said that.
- Renee blogs at skeptischism.com and is one of the infamous Chill Girls in Pink Corvettes.
- Ok, Ana, "Saviour of JREF" may be a bit much. :)
A Few Thoughts
- I've heard it often said (and more often implied) these days that you have to agree with someone on everything or else you aren't allowed to show support in any way. That is just silly. EG and I have argued on many occasions, he knows full well that I disagree strongly with some of what he does, such as name-calling and insulting his opponents. We can disagree with someone on any number of things (whether publicly or privately) and still believe that they deserve access to digital spaces wherein we all share ideas.
Now perhaps EG has actually violated Twitter's or Storify's Terms of Service, and if so, I'm a skeptic and completely open to evidence on that point. If you can point to where that happened, please do, and I'll issue a correction right here.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 6 already did!
- The OffensiveAtheistWell put together piece that gives the lie to the "Harassment" claims. PZs attempt to equate Mabus with EG looks so desperate & so predictable. I am personally...Well put together piece that gives the lie to the "Harassment" claims. PZs attempt to equate Mabus with EG looks so desperate & so predictable. I am personally inspired by the fact that there are still some good people out there willing to call the FtB/A+/Skepchick gang out on their censoring tactics & would hope there were many more willing to take the chance of being "Snitched on" by the playground bullies. You all have my full support & i am now following [email protected] where it seems (so far at least) & unlike Twitt-err there are some balls to go around.more2013-08-27T12:09:53.926Z
- Investigative journalistHayley Stevens ? Yeah, more like FAILey Stevens [this is an example of name-calling] - I avoid abusive profanity. I think Hayley's shown some excellent...Hayley Stevens ? Yeah, more like FAILey Stevens [this is an example of name-calling] - I avoid abusive profanity. I think Hayley's shown some excellent skepticism but appears a tad gullible, when it comes to swallowing FTB tripe. She's done some very admirable work, and I've found myself applauding hermore2013-08-16T03:50:40.400Z