Inverclyde Digital Commonwealth Projects
Newark Primary School took part in the Digital Commonwealth Project, working with Inverclyde Community Development Trust and Magic Torch to explore the topic of Commonwealth Tales.
- The work started with a visit to Newark Primary on their Commonwealth day.
- Newark Primary is in Port Glasgow, Inverclyde.
- I gave an introduction to the Digital Commonwealth project (on video, audio, social media and blogging as part of the national project) and found out a little about what the learners already knew about digital media and Paul Bristow read the tale of Malkie and the Bogle to get imaginations going....
- Digital Commonwealth is a small part of the 'Tales of the oak project' which is funded by Celebrate Fund and detailed on the blogspot below:
- Pidgin Perfect delivered digital storytelling sessions with one class at Newark Primary.
- Glow was used for blogging, and storyboards were mind mapped and drafted to help create videos and animations.
- Alison from Magic Torch told tales of Anansi...
- Have a look at the graphic novel style of storytelling which is being used for some of the Tales from the Oak projects featuring Anansi
- The school was also involved in lots of other Commonwealth projects, even the food had a special theme!
- Commonwealth tales were told at the Dutch Gable House in Greenock during July. Citizen 2014 (part of Digital Commonwealth's community media response to the Commonwealth Games) reported on the free events.