Digital Commonwealth project in Midlothian
A showcase of projects in Midlothian.
- In East Lothian the trainers for the project were Room8 and Lasswade High and Burnbrae Primary took part.
- The schools had already been doing some Commonwealth Games related work, Burnbrae were using the Games to explore maths problems.
- The Digital Commonwealth project in East Lothian was based around sharing memories of favourite sports or sport activities, as well as treasured items personal to the participants. Room 8 created a blog for the project which catalogued the work in progress.
- Here, learners used iPads to take photographs of their items
- The group looked at blogging, thinking about how to write and research posts and create images.
- Lots of creative writing, drawing and photography to blog...
- Click the image to learn the story of this football top and the memories behind it....
- Learn about training with Hearts FC and the memories of these signed tops
- Active stories all about medal winning dancing
- Read the blog about a love of dancing (click to read more and see medals)
- Creative art capturing football memories