Fifth @LonghornStartup Demo Day inspires & impresses
For its fifth Demo Day, the Longhorn Startup Program brought in big names and big crowds to the LBJ Auditorium on Dec. 5. The night featured entrepreneur, Dallas Mavericks owner and Shark Tank-er Mark Cuban, RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham and presentations by 14 UT Austin student startups.
- It was an incredibly packed house at the LBJ Auditorium, with nearly all 967 seats filled!
- Cotter Cunningham, CEO of RetailMeNot, kicked off the night. He spoke about realizing great ideas and building his successful business.
- Then, the impressive student entrepreneurs at UT Austin, including plenty Cockrell School engineers, presented their creative startups.
- Then followed the big keynote conversation between Cockrell School of Engineering professor of innovation Bob Metcalfe and Mark Cuban, who have known each other for years.
- The night wrapped up with a reception that offered students, local entrepreneurs and the speakers the chance to chat, network and take photos.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.