Chicago's New Early College STEM Schools
Strong tech skills are in high demand, but employers are finding that too few job-seekers have them. Mayor Emanuel, CPS & City Colleges of Chicago announced a partnership w/ 5 leading companies to create Early College STEM Schools that will prepare students for careers in tech.
- Mayor Emanuel, CPS CEO Brizard, and City Colleges Chancellor Hyman joined execs from 5 top tech companies at Chicago Vocational Career Academy (CVCA) on the South Side to make the announcement.The announcement was broadcast live by the Mayor's Office. Starts at 6:53:
- CPS summarized key facts about the new schools on our Twitter feed:
- We heard *lots* of excitement on Twitter about the announcement:
- CPS launched a website with detailed information on the new schools for parents and students ...
- ... and we shared info & stats about the high demand for employees with strong STEM skills:
- IBM, which pioneered the Early College STEM model, posted a video about the program's origins:
- and a Q&A with Mayor Emanuel about the new schools:
- Microsoft blogged about the new partnership:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.