2013 Sacramento State of the City
Mayor Kevin Johnson attracted enough attention to see the #SacSTOC hashtag and the name "Sacramento" trending worldwide Thursday night. Here are the highlights:
- Capital Public Radio's Bob Moffitt and Beth Ruyak were at the Memorial Auditorium, and Tweeting. Others joined the conversation, as well.Mayor Kevin Johnson focused his address on three topics to define Sacramento: Emerald Valley, Education and the Kings.
- — Bob Moffitt (@BobMoffitt)Thu, Feb 28 2013 17:01:58
- The Kings and a new arena
- — Beth Ruyak (@CapRadioRuyak)Thu, Feb 28 2013 19:29:18
- — Bob Moffitt (@BobMoffitt)Thu, Feb 28 2013 18:50:34
- Former Kings player Mitch Richmond is among the potential ownership group.
- — Mitch Richmond (@mitchrichmond23)Thu, Feb 28 2013 19:39:37I want 2 thank all the King fans for there support. Im looking 4rd 2 working with KJ and the Ownership Partners in keeping the Kings in Sac.
- Seattle sports reporter Art Thiel was also Tweeting:
- — Art Thiel (@Art_Thiel)Thu, Feb 28 2013 21:50:06Sactown's KJ Johnson delivers on promises by disclosing names and plans, but details scarce. #NBAKings http://sportspressnw.com/2013/02/thiel-kj-unveils-investors-plan-light-on-details/ …om/2013/02/thiel-kj-unveils-investors-plan-light-on-details/
- — Art Thiel (@Art_Thiel)Thu, Feb 28 2013 19:03:07KJ assembled $20M in seat pledges, $50M in corp sponsors, Mastrov as team owner, Burkle as arena bldr. Details remain, but impressive.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.