49ers Kaepernick makes surprise cameo at high school graduation
Colin Kaepernick attended Thursday night's graduation ceremony at his alma mater, Pitman High School in Turlock
- Colin Kaepernick made a dash Thursday night to his hometown of Turlock, and the 49ers star quarterback surprisingly spoke at the graduation ceremony of his alma mater, Pitman High School.
- It didn't take long for word to spread on social media that Kaepernick (Class of 2006) had arrived at graduation.
- Kaepernick made the special visit to honor one of his former coaches, Brandon Harris, according to the Modesto Bee. Pittman principal Rod Hollars arranged for Kaepernick to serve as the ceremony's grand finale and stun the diploma-totting graduates.
- "I had to come back to say goodbye to two of my favorite teachers and also congratulate the graduates,” Kaepernick told the crowd, according to the Bee. “I’m saying goodbye to one of my good friends and best coaches. I have a lot of great memories with him.”
- Kaepernick helped lead the 49ers to last season's Super Bowl in what was only his 10th career start. Selected in the second round of the 2011 draft out of Nevada, Kaepernick just completed the 49ers' second week of organized team activities.This is Kaepernick's first offseason as the 49ers starting quarterback, having replaced Alex Smith midway through last season.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.