A mother and son say goodbye
Over the weekend, Scott Simon has been, for lack of a better phrase, live-tweeting his mother's final days. In carefully worded posts Simon, who has spent years artfully telling stories as host of "Weekend Edition Saturday on NPR, is sharing these intimate moments with strangers and friends alike.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 22 already did!
- Justin DelanoThis was a touching story. I thankfully have not lost my mother yet but it will be a painful day when I do.2014-02-09T23:28:36.005Z
- J Adam PomeroyAfter reading this I had to call my mom, I thank you for that and so does she.2013-08-02T00:53:24.163Z
- Judith RushiaIncredible ....Thank you. Bless you and your mom. Sounds like you have been there for each other...the way it is supposed to be when things are working.2013-08-01T19:10:47.986Z
- Renee BartlettWhat a touching tribute to your Mother. Thank you for sharing her with us. I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through but know that you are NOT alone.2013-07-31T00:15:39.393Z
- Nancy WilliamsWhat a beauiful gift you have chosen to share with us, Scott Simon. Thank you, thank you.2013-07-30T22:02:32.225Z
- Meghan MangrumFour months ago, I sat with my own mother while my grandmother died. My feelings were much the same. Scott Simon - this was tragic and beautiful.2013-07-30T19:05:52.256Z
- Kathy Soard StephensonI held both of my parents' hands as they slipped from this world to another! It was simultaneously the most beautiful and most heart-wrenching thing I've done...I held both of my parents' hands as they slipped from this world to another! It was simultaneously the most beautiful and most heart-wrenching thing I've done in my life! I can only hope somone is holding my hand when the time comes! Hope Scott does not listen to any negative comments regarding his tweets. I know his Mother would be proud of the son she raised!more2013-07-30T17:26:21.701Z
- Nancy Meinkethank you for sharing. Brought me right back to my mother's passing. Best thing I ever did was spend her last months holding hands. I can feel them now2013-07-30T15:47:15.250Z
- Kelly KirschI sat the deathwatch with my father as well. Only it wasn't quite so loving and awe inspring. In fact, the last thing the old man said to me before he stopped...I sat the deathwatch with my father as well. Only it wasn't quite so loving and awe inspring. In fact, the last thing the old man said to me before he stopped speaking was "you know, you really could have been someone if you'd tried".more2013-07-30T03:45:48.008Z
- Jeannette MartinezHang in there Mr. Simon... keep singing and rub her forehead because she does still feel your warmth. She's the most precious jewel you'll ever own!2013-07-30T00:38:24.237Z