Where are the jobs?
The June jobs report was released at 8:30amET, missing expectations. The Labor Dept. reported 80,000 jobs were created in June and the unemployment rate remained at 8.2%. As soon as the number hit the tape, the reaction poured in on Twitter.
- In case you need a refresher on the jobs report, here are the highlights:
- Now, for the Twitter reaction with @TheStalwart leading the pack.
- — Nouriel Roubini (@Nouriel)Fri, Jul 06 2012 05:31:47Another - third in a row - dismal job report. Only 80k jobs added in June. US economy headed to a stall speed. Recession risk rising
- — Jim Rickards (@JamesGRickards)Fri, Jul 06 2012 05:49:45
- It wouldn't be a Jobs Friday without a little politics from both sides of the aisle.
- — Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner)Fri, Jul 06 2012 05:52:15
- — Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson)Fri, Jul 06 2012 05:43:47
- The White House Response:
- Not everyone was buying it:
- More response from the Dems:
- — Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi)Fri, Jul 06 2012 06:37:23American people need us to work together on jobs plan. But GOP will waste time on an #ACA repeal vote next wk, rather than focus on jobs.
- Now, if you're feeling down after reading all of this, Josh Brown is here to make you laugh.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- anuprjob creation is very important to any economy2014-01-27T10:28:03.082Z