Twitter Spam Out in Full Force
Spam. It's the most e-diseased word known to the internet, and it's out in full force today on Twitter. With July 4th barbecuing just eight days away, hackers are spreading "weight loss" tips to help get you into shape, but, tweeter, beware...
- For the sake of keeping your account safe, we'll merely share with you a couple of screengrabs with the spam tweets.
- Twitter users everywhere are taking notice:
- — Clive Thompson (@pomeranian99)Wed, Jun 26 2013 10:38:26Wow, some Twitter spammer is launching a *flood* of bots today. I've been pinged three in the last hour, all hawking the same diet site.
- — Josh Sternberg (@joshsternberg)Wed, Jun 26 2013 10:17:02I'm noticing a TON of spam abt weight loss today. People's accts getting hijacked, it seems. Anyone else seeing this?
- — darren rovell (@darrenrovell)Wed, Jun 26 2013 10:09:55Starting to think the greatest future threat to Twitter is SPAM. Time for the company to invest resources quickly to stop it.
- — Anthony Gates (@AnthonyGates9)Sun, Jun 23 2013 18:36:43If u got a message from me adverting weight loss it's spam. You are perfect the way you are and you don't need to lose weight to prove it.
- CNBC has reached out to Twitter and will update this post if we hear back. Until then, enjoy this conspiracy theory:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!