99% Shutdown Wells Fargo Shareholder Meeting
On April 24th a large coalition of faith based, labor, and community groups calling itself 99% Power Shutdown the Wells Fargo shareholder meeting. This is a summary of the day with a focus on PICO/ CCISCO and the Faith based contingent.
- It was an amazing start to the Shareholder Spring: 1500+ marched, 200 activist shareholders and proxies trained from 15 states, 40 clergy prayed for Wells Fargo to change their ways, 522 news stories on WF shareholder action in past 24 hours, 2,190 videos posted about Wells Fargo in the last 24 hours, 22,200 photos posted in the past week.
- Great set of photos from the days events from 99% Power/ PICO National
- Some of the best coverage of the event thus far includes
- Great opinion piece about the action by Pastor Ryan Bell of the Hollywood Adventist Church
- Joshua Holland's summary piece for Alternet
- Great interview with Rev. Richard Smith on Current TV
- Great summary video from Current TV and the Young Turks
- NPR Coverage with CCISCO Executive Director Adam Krugel
- Great coverage from Mother Jones
- Storify with all the days real time action by the New Bottom Line Campaign
- KQED audio clip with the Rev. Dr. Richard Smith from the Episcopal Church of St. John's in San Francisco
- Radio piece featuring the story of Rev. Gloria Del Castillo
- Great pics from Causa Justa including this one of Imam Zaid Shakir from Zaytuna College
- These are great sources to show why we were protesting Wells Fargo as part of the #99spring
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.