9 a.m. Topic
We want to hear from you. What’s your answer to our 9 a.m. Topic? Tweet us @GoodDaySac with #9amtopic…or post on our Facebook Page facebook.com/gooddaysacramento…send us an Instragram with “9am Topic” in the description.
Today's topic (2/13): Should schools cancel holidays?
- Valentine's Day is for children. My daughter is in the 1st grade and will not be able to go to school for that day because she has a dental procedure. I sent her valentines with her today with a note asking her teacher to allow her to hand them out today. She didn't want to miss out. THIS IS FUN FOR THE KIDS.
- They should keep the fun 'holidays' It gives the kids a break from school work for a couple of hours and gives them something to look forward to. If they are going to eliminate and special days it should be Columbus Day. They used to make a big deal about it when I was in school. They do seem to downplay it now and present alternate veiwpoints. They should maybe make a bigger deal of Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Just a thought....
- I think that it is really sad for the school to be taking that away from the kids. My daughter is so excited for her Valentines party at school tomorrow. The kids need something to look forward to. I don't know any parent that is not okay with the party or the candy or cards. And if there is one then they can send a note with their child. Don't they want the kids to have some good positive memories about school? Just really sad to me..
Today's Topic (2/8/13): What star would you like to talk to?
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!
- fizza hasanisurviving the Apocalypse .. (; #9amtopic hahaha i fail2013-01-11T15:19:45.881Z
- Debra Jean Ryan-SpikerI had a nephew that died in a crash on the freeway here in Sacramento. A local newspaper saw fit to post pictures of him lying on the ground next to his vehicle...I had a nephew that died in a crash on the freeway here in Sacramento. A local newspaper saw fit to post pictures of him lying on the ground next to his vehicle covered with a tarp. It was obvious to all our family that it was our family member. They had no right to make him a news issue without permission.more2012-12-05T17:38:29.932Z