@GiantBlueRing parody handle created after public art backlash
A giant blue ring on the overpass at Deerfoot Trail and 96th Avenue N.E. has caught the attention of Calgary drivers. But now it's the source of some chuckles on Twitter after someone created an account to capitalize on the buzz surrounding the Travelling Light sculpture.
- — Travelling Light (@GiantBlueRing)Wed, Oct 09 2013 15:54:28So the Peace Bridge got a big lavish opening ceremony, I can't wait for mine! Bag pipes, dancing girls, gonna be cray! #yycarts
- The reviews on the sculpture are definitely mixed. Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi weighed in on Tuesday calling the new art piece "awful."
- — Travelling Light (@GiantBlueRing)Wed, Oct 09 2013 13:47:53It's been a tough week. I didn't get a visit from the bloody Welcome Wagon, I just got called awful by my boss @nenshi, welcome to YYC!
- — Travelling Light (@GiantBlueRing)Wed, Oct 09 2013 16:31:37Attn all @UCalgary engineering students, I've heard some talk, and NO, you can't hang a small car from me, it won't work, trust me, move on
- — Travelling Light (@GiantBlueRing)Wed, Oct 09 2013 13:41:56Okay, so maybe I'm not a 12-metre tall steel mesh head of a girl, or an 18 million dollar fancy bridge, but I have antennae!
- The account already has more than 100 followers and is climbing fast.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.