Following the Aaron Hernandez case
Details about the murder investigation surrounding New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez have been flying fast and furious. Below is a collection of what's swirling on social media, along with details about what we've confirmed and what other news sources are saying.
- Here's what we know at the Globe right now. The investigation into the murder of a Dorchester man who has been linked to New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez continues, with about a dozen law enforcement officers today entering Hernandez's home, bringing two police dogs and what appeared to be crime scene analysis equipment.
- Updates from Friday:
- Earlier today, some news outlets reported an arrest warrant had been issued.
- Video images taken early Monday morning appear to show Aaron Hernandez together in Boston with a Dorchester man whose bullet-ridden body was discovered later that day in a North Attleborough industrial park near Hernandez’s house, according to two law enforcement officials.
- This piece has terrific background information: Globe Patriots reporter Shalise Manza Young reports that Aaron Hernandez's scouting report was ominous. “Self-esteem is quite low; not well-adjusted emotionally, not happy, moods unpredictable, not stable, doesn’t take much to set him off, but not an especially jumpy guy,” one scout said.
- Some reports indicate Hernandez may have destroyed his home security system and his cell phone before turning his phone, in pieces, over to police.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.