Remembering Those Taken in OSU's Plane Crash
Oklahoma State lost four members of its community in a plane crash November 18, 2011: Women's basketball coach Kurt Budke, assistant Miranda Serna, and supporters Olin and Paula Branstetter.
- The news first came out at 8:05 AM November 18th.
- Everywhere the OSU women's team has gone, their opponents have paid tribute to their loss.
- The crash had many thinking back to 2001, when the men's basketball team at OSU lost 10, including staff, players, and broadcasters.
- Soon after the tragedy, this image could be found all over the Web: on facebook profiles, twitter, and countless blogs.
- The following Monday, the University community came together at Gallagher-Iba Arena to grieve, and remember, as a family.
- ESPN's Elizabeth Merrill captures just what Coaches Kurt Budke and Miranda Serna meant to both the University and the Stillwater community.
- The current OSU women's basketball head coach has done his best to move on, while still remembering.
- OSU men's basketball coach Travis Ford showed how much Coaches Budke and Serna meant to him.
- Other OSU coaches also remembered the loss, and 2001's tragedy.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.