KUER's Coverage of the Special Session of the Utah Legislature
KUER reporters spent the day at the Utah state capitol covering the ins and outs of the special session. Follow their tweets and stories to get a much broader picture of all the action.
- KUER's newest addition, reporter Whittney Evans, started the day off by attending the Education interim committee.
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:03:00
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:18:42
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:34:45
- Andrea Smardon, however, attended the Business and Labor interim committee meeting where they looked at Senator John Valentine's bill that, among other things, would increase the number of available liquor licenses.
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:11:32Interim committee unanimously approves Sen. Valentine's bill that increases the # of available liquor licenses #utpol http://kuer.drupal.publicbroadcasting.net/post/interim-committee-approves-bill-add-liquor-licenses …ublicbroadcasting.net/post/interim-committee-approves-bill-add-liquor-licenses
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:12:37
- After the morning interim committee meetings were over the bills moved to the Senate and House floor for more debate. First, they tackled the $25 million education budget gap.
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 14:35:01
- After it passed through the Senate, they moved on to SB4001, Alcoholic Beverage Control Act amendments.
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 14:52:03
- Bills moved to the fllor of the House of Representatives.
- — KUER News (@KUERNews)Wed, Jun 20 2012 15:29:38Rep. Chavez-Houck: I want to support our restaurants, but at some other time, think of other small businesses who have been waiting. #utleg
- Then our reporters came back to the studio and filed these excellent stories:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.