UK City of Culture 2017
Hull has been named UK City of Culture 2017 - on this blog we've followed their #hullyes campaign plus how the 3 other cities used social media - @wedundee , #cwtchthebid and @leicester2017.
Hull reacts as it wins UK City of Culture 2017 bid
- — BBC Radio Humberside (@RadioHumberside)Wed, Nov 20 2013 03:25:49Here's how we're introducing the rest of the world to the secrets we already knew! #HullYes #2017Hull #hull2017 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25014228 …
What now for the cities that didn't win?
- — Leicester 2017 (@Leicester2017)Wed, Nov 20 2013 04:22:18Leicester still set to shine despite culture title knockback #CityofCulture2017 #Leicester2017 http://news.leicester.gov.uk/newsArchiveDetail.aspx?Id=2599 …
- — Swansea Bay 2017 (@SwanseaBay_2017)Tue, Nov 19 2013 23:49:11This process has reinvigorated Swansea Bay and we dont intend to stop here, we are already a city of culture.
@2017Hull is the winner
- — Swansea Bay 2017 (@SwanseaBay_2017)Tue, Nov 19 2013 23:47:56
- — 2017Hull (@2017Hull)Tue, Nov 19 2013 23:52:38
The announcement nears
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!