Tuesday: 141st Annual Meeting in Boston
Kick off your shoes, relax and smile. It's another great day for public health at the APHA Annual Meeting.
- It was another strong day for science Tuesday as researchers shared the latest and greatest health data. The Men's Health Initiative and Community-Campus Partnerships for Health were among the proud presenters.
- Every year, APHA sets policies that shape the collective voice for public health advocacy. Today, APHA's Governing Council adopted 17 new policy statements on topics including noise pollution, paid sick leave, access to nature, solitary confinement and more.Check them out here:
- APHA also champions the Affordable Care Act! The Boston Public Health Commission provided navigators to speak to attendees on how to effectively use the Health Insurance Marketplace — in every U.S. state. Here, navigator Angelo Sanca speaks with Nadia Siddiqui of the Texas Health Institute.Attendees could even use computers on site to peruse their state's marketplace, set up an account or enroll in health coverage.
- APHA also embraces social media, as was evidenced all over the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and Westin Waterfront. We teamed with AIDS.gov for our first-ever Social Media Lab to give attendees one-on-one technical assistance and best practices in new media.Most of the sessions were packed!
- One day left! We'll see you tomorrow for the Closing Session.