National Public Health Week Twitter Chat 2013
Public health tweeps, united! APHA hosted its third annual "NPHW chat" on April 3, 2013. Commemorating this year's theme, "Public health is ROI: Save Lives, Save Money," we wanted to hear from the public health world on how health and wellness initiatives can return our investments.
- What is public health's ROI, you ask?
- It was important that we reach our entire audience — public and private sectors, students and public health professionals, communities and national organizations. So, we sent a Twtvite.
- We started it with a little pre-chat contest, where we asked questions relating to public health. Winners got some cool NPHW apparel.
- And then it began. We were lucky to have some distinguished guests including HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Dr. Howard Koh and Surgeon General Regina Benjamin — who helped introduce National Public Health Week 2013 by telling us to "just walk."
- And away we went.
- The next series of questions compared the importance of good health with the price to afford it. Where can cost-saving prevention be seen? And what's more important -- saving lives or saving money?
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!