Annual Meeting: Expo, Expo, be all about it!
From scientific presentations to new job opportunities to swag galore, it's all waiting for you at the Public Health Expo.
- It would be easy to fill your schedule with session after session at APHA's 142nd Annual Meeting and Exposition. But if you did, you'd only be getting half the experience. There's a world of hands-on public health interaction and knowledge — not to mention free goodies — at the Public Health Expo.
- The Expo Hall is host to all kinds of excitement. The life center of the expo is the Everything APHA booth, where you can pick up copies of The Nation's Health (hint, hint!), the American Journal of Public Health, T-shirts from this year's Annual Meeting and books from APHA Press. You might even pick up a signed copy!
- And at APHA's Public Health CareerMart, students about to graduate and folks looking for a new gig meet with recruiters and veterans in the field to find the next stage of their careers.
- APHA Affiliates, students and other member groups have booths where you can learn more and get involved as well.
- Academically, presenters from many schools and organizations are sharing their most recent and exciting findings in the poster hall at the back of the expo. Take a stroll through, learn something new and if the authors are there, ask them questions about their findings.
- Many public health schools and programs have brought information to share with potential students. It's never too late to learn something new!
- New this year at the Public Health Expo: Art @ the Expo! Artisans who work with scientific or health-based themes brought their works to the expo, for display and purchase.
- And don't sleep on the swag. From keychains to water bottles and tote bags to temporary tattoos, you can pick up some freebies that tell the world you are a public health advocate.