AIA Chat: All Things IDP
In September, AIA National invited the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards to chat about the Intern Development Program.
- Q1 What advice do you have for interns getting started with IDP?
- — IDP-PA Coordinator (@IDP_PA)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:13:58Q1: Stay informed, and stay positive about the process. Don't allow negative opinions of others to color your view of internship #aiachat
- — McCall Design Group (@McCallDesign)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:14:25Q1 - Make sure you understand what the intent of the categories are. Many tasks can apply to many categories. #aiachat
- — AIA Center for EPs (@AIACenterforEPs)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:16:47
- — AIA Center for EPs (@AIACenterforEPs)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:15:58A1 Start at earliest eligibility & keep up with opportunities for SuppEx. Keep eyes & ears open to changes to the program. #aiachat
- — Renée van Staveren (@GlobalSitePlans)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:16:47A1 Looks like problem solving, organization & vision, and flexibility are key to the IDP. #aiachat
- — Guy Horton (@GuyHorton)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:23:33
- — Chris Gerrity (@CGerrity)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:18:37Q1 - Talk about your road map with your firm - they can help with placing you in a position for hours in difficult areas. #aiachat
- — Matthew Clinger (@_clinger_)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:22:37
- — vishal (@awesum_vishal)Wed, Sep 04 2013 11:14:25Can an external review be done through an NCARB architec in another firm/ university professor for category A experience #aiachat
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.