The AHA's 127th Annual Meeting
The 127th annual meeting of the Association was held January 3–6, 2012, in New Orleans. To read more of the conversation on twitter, see #AHA2013, #AHA13, and #THATCampAHA.
- Exactly how many attended AHA 2013? AHA Deputy Director Robert Townsend has the numbers:
- The state of the tweet earned itself its own category of analysis and debate during the meeting.
- — Michael Regoli (@michaelregoli)Mon, Jan 07 2013 06:01:25
- — David Austin Walsh (@DavidAstinWalsh)Fri, Jan 04 2013 19:11:46
- — Jennifer Howard (@JenHoward)Fri, Jan 04 2013 19:35:34
- — Jennifer Serventi (@JenServenti)Fri, Jan 04 2013 19:59:49
- — Anne Whisnant (@amwhisnant)Mon, Jan 07 2013 16:57:27Interesting that top 3 tweeps frm #aha2013 were a prof at a lib arts coll, an #altac & a new #publichistory MA. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au7MUAVCAb2gdDVGcGRqWVppbGctYUpCbEVrQ2tIUWc#gid=1 …om/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au7MUAVCAb2gdDVGcGRqWVppbGctYUpCbEVrQ2tIUWc#gid=1
- — Dan Cohen (@dancohen)Fri, Jan 04 2013 19:32:30
- — Dan Cohen (@dancohen)Fri, Jan 04 2013 19:27:56@marcparry For those interested, the London School of Economics has a good Twitter starter guide for academics: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/2011/10/15/twitter-guide/ …ukaha13ticsandpolicy/2011/10/15/twitter-guide/ #aha13
- — Sharon Howard (@sharon_howard)Sat, Jan 05 2013 08:57:42
- Historians react to the meeting's opening night plenary session, "The Public Practice of History in and for the Digital Age."
- — Adam Arenson (@adamarenson)Thu, Jan 03 2013 19:35:58
- — John Fea (@JohnFea1)Thu, Jan 03 2013 19:56:10#aha2013 Potter defends her view that we need more Ph.Ds, not less.Why can't you have a Ph.D and be journalist? http://chronicle.com/blognetwork/tenuredradical/2012/06/why-should-americans-be-less-well-educated-in-defense-of-the-phd/ …/blognetwork/tenuredradical/2012/06/why-should-americans-be-less-well-educated-in-defense-of-the-phd/
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!