Aunty Turns 80
The ABC is celebrating a landmark birthday with Australia's public broadcaster making its first transmission 80 years ago today. To mark the anniversary, we asked you to share your favourite memories of Aunty.
- To mark eight decades on air for the ABC, we asked you to share your favourite memories.
- And we got into the spirit a bit ourselves...
- Many remembered as kids growing up with Aunty never too far away.
- The ABC has brought a few laughs along the way...
- People have fond memories of the ABC's news and current affairs programs too.
- The musical introduction to the 6.30am news used to fill me with panic as it signalled that our school bus from the mountains surrounding Blaxlands Creek in rural N.S.W. was seconds away. Our driver, Mr Singh, was never late and expected the same in return. His bus service, like the ABC radio service was our link to the outside world, Thanks ABC.