VPI Home Solutions - 700 ESPN Sports Beat | 05-30-12
Diving into the world of local sports. A daily production of Patchin, Lukens and Osso. Join us daily from 3 p.m to 6 p.m. on 700 AM or www.700espn.com for all the latest in local sports news. [By Sunny Cadwallader, @CadChica]
Finally The End For Jamie Moyer?
- Is this the end of Jamie Moyer's baseball career?It could be, as the Colorado Rockies have designated the 49 year-old lefty for assignment today. The Rockies', going nowhere this year with a 17-29 record, are "moving forward" with a youth movement. They have ten days in which to either trade the former Mariner, Moyer, or release him. He is owed $500,000 for this season.
Pete Carroll Hosts 12th Man Town Hall
- If ever there was any questions about what Pete Carroll's vision is for the Seattle Seahawks, they were answered last night. Hosting a 12th Man Town Hall, Carroll detailed the vision from the time he was hired and moving forward. But invariably, it always comes back to competing: "We're in a relentless pursuit of a competitive edge."Replay of the 12th Man Town Hall is below:
- WSU Football
- WSU football has picked up one more recruit for the 2012 class. According to reports, Austin Brown, a senior from Meridian, ID has committed to Washington State. Brown, 6'3"-265 lbs, played defense for Mountain View High and was a two-time 5A player of the year in Idaho. Previously, Brown intended to be a preferred walk-on at Boise State.
- OTHER NEWS OF NOTE: Cougar football will be holding several camps next month. Details here.
- Washington Huskies
- The University of Washington has announced the 2012 Hall of Fame Class. Headlining the class is former Seattle Seahawk and New England Patriot, Lawyer Milloy. Milloy, a 2nd round draft pick for the Patriots, was a 15-year pro in the NFL. Other members of the class are: Chet Crile (tennis), Dave Hoffman (football), Giuliana Mendola (basketball-played in Spokane during the NCAA women's tournament), Tiffany Simpson (gymnastics), O.D. Vincent III (golf). They will be inducted, Friday, October 26.
- EWU Football
- He is finally, officially, an Eastern Washington Eagle. Kyle Padron (pronunciation: puh-DRONE), has been admitted to Eastern Washington, completing his transfer process from SMU. Sounding very Pete Carroll-like, Coach Beau Baldwin said: “He’s another piece to our team and will add to the overall competitiveness we have at every position.”
Mission: Impossible For Eric Wedge
- Filling out the batting line-up for the Seattle Mariners. It's part of manager Eric Wedge's job description. He can't avoid it. No matter how inadequate it may seem, Wedge has to put together some combination of players on this roster night after night to try and win a game. It's not easy says The Seattle Times' Steve Kelley. In fact, it might be Mission: Impossible.
- OTHER NEWS OF NOTE: Speaking of that line-up...they won 10-3 last night against the Texas Rangers. Actually putting the nail in the coffin with a six-run rally in the eighth, not on homers alone but stringing together productive at-bats with hit-after-hit. The final game in the 3-game series is today. Listen to 700espn for pre-game at 4:00pm; first pitch at 5:05pm.
Honors Continue For GU's Marco Gonzales
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.