511CC Week in Review: Dec. 31-Jan. 6, 2011
Our weekly news & events roundup for Contra Costa County, East Bay & Bay Area for transit, biking and transportation.
Upcoming Events & Dates to Remember
- In 2012:
- Benefits for commuters (driving and transit) roll back to pre-2009 levels. Biking benefits remain the same.
- New California traffic laws will be in effect. Read more about them here.
- Monday, January 16th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- BART runs on a Saturday schedule.
- County Connection will run regular service.
Local (Contra Costa County and East Bay)
- Congrats to our latest Pledge winner!
- New photos from the Caldecott Tunnel construction, and a time-lapse video:
- A Hercules waterfront transit center project update:
- Solano County transit users can expect Clipper cards within a year:
Bay Area & California
- The San Francisco Bay Area was ranked to metropolitan area to live car-free by 24/7 Wall St. What was measured?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.