ASCO 2013: Overcoming Resistance to Cancer Drug Therapy
Charles Sawyers, MD, current President of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) on June 2nd 2013, received the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2013 Science of Oncology Award and subsequently gave a plenary lecture on overcoming resistance to cancer drug therapy.
- Charles Sawyers Receives ASCO 2013 Science of Oncology Award
- Lecture Part 1: Historical Reflections.
- — Sloan-Kettering (@sloan_kettering)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:23:05Charles Sawyers #asco13 Science of Oncology Lecture looks at past 10+ years of targeted drug development - and resulting tumor resistance.
- Lecture Part 2: Novel anti-androgens in prostate cancer
- — Pieter Droppert (@3NT)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:30:16Sawyers: preclin research shows in acquired resistance to enzalutamide, strongly induced glucocorticoid receptor (GR) mRNA & protein #ASCO13
- — Pieter Droppert (@3NT)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:27:15Sawyers: glucocorticoid receptor (GR) necessary for enzalutamide resistance, GR promotes but does not immediately confer resistance #ASCO13
- — Richard Schilsky (@rschilsky)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:28:45Listening to Charles Sawyers at #ASCO13 discuss resistance to anti-androgen treatment. Too much glucocorticoid receptor!
- — Pieter Droppert (@3NT)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:25:06Sawyers: work by Minna Balbas used saturation mutagenesis strategy to identify AR mutations that confer resistance to enzalutamide #ASCO13
- — Pieter Droppert (@3NT)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:28:45Sawyers: Bert Vogelstein and Howard Scher looking into detection of AR F876L mutation in circulating plasma DNA at clinical relapse #ASCO13
- — Pieter Droppert (@3NT)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:27:15Sawyers: raises question of whether modification of chemical structure of enzalutamide might offer benefit in overcoming resistance #ASCO13
- — Guneet Walia (@GuneetWalia)Sun, Jun 02 2013 13:00:16
- — Guneet Walia (@GuneetWalia)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:59:16
- — Sloan-Kettering (@sloan_kettering)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:29:15Dr. Sawyers' drug resistance research is a striking example of the power and benefit of institutional collaboration. #asco13
- — BiotechStockResearch (@BiotechStockRsr)Sun, Jun 02 2013 12:55:46Charles Sawyer's work is making an immexiate difference to men with prostate cancer. He indeed deserves an award. #ASCO13
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.