What unites 3,000 people across Canada?
3,000 people have attended climate townhalls hosted by MPs across the country. These events were packed thanks to the hard work of local #PeopleClimatePlan organizers in every major city and dozens of communities across Canada. At each townhall, there was a consensus for ambitious climate action!
- Across Canada, people made a united call for climate action that aligns with the science of climate change and what is required to keep our commitment to less than 1.5° C of global warming.
- People have also made it clear that we have pathways to create jobs and build the new economy based on 100% renewables by 2050 -- and it's about time political will made them a reality.
- At these townhalls, people have also demonstrated that they recognize climate action means justice -- and especially upholding the rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Time after time, hundreds of people have poured in -- packing townhalls.
- Bike racks have filled up.