Japan quake: "How can I help?"
A list of donation methods and ways to pitch in. You can embed this list in your own website or blog using the < > button in the top right.
- For Americans:"The American Red Cross is accepting online donations for disaster relief efforts. You can call 800-RED-CROSS to donate by phone.You can also donate $10 to the Red Cross by sending a text message with the word "REDCROSS" at 90999. The donation will be charged to your next wireless phone bill.As an incentive to donate, American Airlines is offering 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for donations of $50 or more and 500 AAdvantage miles for donations of $100 or more to the American Red Cross." source
- Directly donate to the Red Cross in Japan via this Google page:
- Red Cross Newsroom, updated regularly:
- Give on iTunes:
- Give using Paypal:
- Give on Amazon:
- Give on Groupon:
- Salvation Army Japan donation page:
- For those in Japan, there is a good collection of donation methods here.
- @TimeOutTokyo says: Non-credit card donations, within Japan, can be made via NGO Jen. Instructions are in Japanese. Information on how to donate at Lawson has been updated on this page. RT @marky_mc Also found this if you want to donate in Japan but don't have a credit card (UFJ link).